This is a preliminary release, and feedback would be very helpful. There are a lot of "moving parts" that can vary from system to system:
- The build environment can vary.
- I2C implementation can vary with card, monitor, and driver.
There is variation in MCCS interpretation.
- I2C is an inherently unreliable protocol, requiring retry management.
- Were you able to install/build ddcutil?
What changes were required to the Autoconf files?
- Does it work with given card, driver, and monitor? I'm not particularly concerned with older monitors whose MCCS version is unspecified (i.e. is less than 2.0). On the other hand, I'm very interested in how ddcutil handles monitors implementing MCCS V3.0, as the V3.0 specific code has not been tested. In particular, does ddcutil properly read Table type features?
- And of course, is the program useful? Does it merit further development? What additional features are most important?
ddcutil interrogate collects maximal information about the
installation environment, video card and driver, and monitor capabilities.
I'd appreciate it if you could redirect its output to a file and send the file
to me. This will help diagnose problems and identify features that should be