01 February 2017
- Fixes a critical bug in release 0.7.1 where insufficient privileges on a /dev/i2c-n device causes program termination.
- ddcutil interrogate always executes with --set-slave-address in effect
- Minor improvements to ddcutil environment and ddcutil interrogate output
- Minor improvements to ddcutil detect --verbose
- Add explanations for additional errno values
27 January 2017
Release 0.7.1 is a maintenance release. There is no need to install it unless you are experiencing problems.
This release introduces the following features:
- Command option --force-slave-address causes ddcutil to attempt to take control of slave addresses on the I2C bus even if they are in use by another driver. This may aid in certain situations where monitors on an I2C bus are not properly detected. See Instrumentation and Tuning)
03 January 2017
Release 0.7 introduces the following features:
- C API, exposed by shared library libddcutil. See API.
- A new command line option --mfg, allows for the 3 character manufaturer id found in the EDID to used as part of monitor selection.
- The monitor feature and capabilities portion of interrogate is also exposed by the new probe command which explores the capabilities string and features found on a single monitor.
openSUSE Build Service packaging of release 0.7.0 is complete. Owing to Launchpad constraints, the PPA will not be correct until ddcutil's release is incremented, i.e. until release 0.7.1
21 November 2016
The most recent release of ddcutil is 0.6.1. This is a maintenance release and need not be installed unless you are experiencing problems. For details, see Release Notes.
01 October 2016
As of release 0.6, the name of this program changed from ddctool to ddcutil to avoid confusion with a commerical datacenter program also named ddctool.
The following are affected:
|Object||Old name||New Name|
|Web site URL||http://www.ddctool.com||http://www.ddcutil.com|